Launching Staff Diversity, Inclusion, and Engagement
Developed under the vision of the vice president for Institute Diversity, the Culture, Diversity, and Inclusion team from the Office of Human Resources joined Institute Diversity in June 2015 to form the core of our new Staff Diversity, Inclusion, and Engagement team. This unit was organized to:
- Lead and implement inclusion and engagement strategy.
- Strengthen organizational leadership excellence.
- Facilitate collaboration and enhance institutional capacity for change management.
Georgia Tech reached an inflection point in its ability to influence practices and model breakthroughs for organizational development and performance in achieving its goal for inclusive excellence. This was the impetus for repositioning and aligning our Culture, Diversity, and Inclusion team who is uniquely qualified to:
- Lead the implementation of innovative, bold, and promising diversity and inclusion practices.
- Seamlessly align diversity and inclusion practices with other organizational talent practices.
- Create collaborative networks across higher education, government, non-profits, and industry.
- Positively impact leadership engagement and climate issues.
The Staff Diversity, Inclusion, and Engagement team actively develops intercultural competence, leadership coaching savvy, and service of Georgia Tech to become a model community of inclusive excellence.