Join a cohort of executives and senior and emerging leaders in matriculating through our highly interactive program. Staff Diversity, Inclusion, and Engagement's Leadership Academy will be delivered through an internal coaching program. Leaders completing this certificate program will be recognized for shaping a healthy leadership culture and building a stronger campus community as “One Georgia Tech.”
Eligibility to apply is based on a supervisory role in a campus unit or pursuant to a 360-degree leadership assessment; successful completion or partial completion of an approved existing campus leadership development program; holding a leadership role in an ERG, Diversity Council, Staff Council, or approved campus network. Cohort registration is open twice a year and requires commitment to competing core work within six months of registration and a leadership practicum within one year of registration. The inaugural pilot will launch in 2017.
Curriculum Core and Framework
The Diversity and Inclusion Learning Curriculum will engage participants in reflective and contemplative work to generate personal insights in modeling the following transformational behaviors:
- Self-awareness (connecting to self, identities, strengths, values, triggers, and self-talk).
- Self-management (promoting “wholehearted living” while mitigating shame, unconscious biases, and negative self-talk).
- Social intelligence and co-creating (connecting with others; listening; and practicing empathy, compassion, intercultural humility, and inclusivity).
Leadership Academy participants will have the opportunity to engage in:
- Wisdom Labs in-person, online, and teleconference.
- Story Labs to excavate personal stories and opportunities to participate in story salons, swaps, fringes, or concerts.
- Arts-based Edutainment with Talk-backs following a theatrical performance, movie viewing, concert, exhibit viewing, etc.
Engagement Practicum on Sponsorship to create and facilitate a sponsorship opportunity for someone of a different heritage, gender, or background.