Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are proven initiatives that increase engagement, retention, and development of diverse talent. Staff Diversity, Inclusion, and Engagement offers six ERGs to build community and ensure that employees experience a greater sense of belonging. These voluntary employee associations, organized around common dimensions of diversity, have been designed to offer forums where employees can enhance their employment experience.
GRIOT envisions a world where the talents and contributions of African heritage faculty and staff members are leveraged, recognized, and respected and where the commitment to the inclusion and valuing of African heritage faculty and staff is visible.
With more than 750 members, GRIOT’s mission is to promote cultural and professional development, holistic wellness, networking, mentorship, leadership, and scholarly programs in support of African heritage faculty and staff.
GRIOT strives to:
- Provide a forum for discussions and the exchange of ideas about matters of interest to African heritage staff, faculty, and their allies at Georgia Tech;
- Provide a unified voice to the administration and the broader Georgia Tech community on matters of interest to African heritage employees;
- Promote an environment that supports the recruitment, retention, and professional growth and development of African heritage employees;
- Provide a mutually supportive, social, and cultural environment to celebrate the contributions of persons of African heritage at Georgia Tech.
- Executive Champion: Charles L. Isbell, Senior Associate Dean, College of Computing
- Principal Empowerment Officer: Tia Jackson-Truitt, Associate Director, Center for Engineering Education and Diversity
- Principal Staff/Faculty Liaison: Courtney Sykes, Faculty Support Coordinator, Engineered Biosystems
- Principal Staff/Faculty Liaison: Tammy McCoy, TA Development and Future Faculty Specialist, Center for Teaching and Learning
- Recruitment and Retention Co-Chair: LaJauna Ellis, Executive Assistant to the Dean, College of Engineering
- Recruitment and Retention Co-Chair: Stephanie Merrick, Admin Professional Sr, College of Design
- Professional Development Co-Chair: Joseph Robertson, Business Advisor, Enterprise Innovation Institute
- Employee Engagement Co-Chair: Mark Robinson, Systems/IT Architect Manager Senior, Office of Institute Technology
- Employee Engagement Co-Chair: Candice Bovian, Work-Life Specialist, Office of Human Resources
- Communications and Marketing Co-Chair: Gabe Vannice, IT Support Prof Lead, Engineered Biosystems
- Communications and Marketing Co-Chair: Cedric Trice, Administrative Program Coordinator, Center for Engineering Education and Diversity
- Special Committee Chair: Kevin M. Ellis, Financial Manager, School of Computer Science