Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are proven initiatives that increase engagement, retention, and development of diverse talent. Staff Diversity, Inclusion, and Engagement offers six ERGs to build community and ensure that employees experience a greater sense of belonging. These voluntary employee associations, organized around common dimensions of diversity, have been designed to offer forums where employees can enhance their employment experience.
GRIOT envisions a world where the talents and contributions of African heritage faculty and staff members are leveraged, recognized, and respected and where the commitment to the inclusion and valuing of African heritage faculty and staff is visible.
With more than 750 members, GRIOT’s mission is to promote cultural and professional development, holistic wellness, networking, mentorship, leadership, and scholarly programs in support of African heritage faculty and staff.
GRIOT strives to:
- Provide a forum for discussions and the exchange of ideas about matters of interest to African heritage staff, faculty, and their allies at Georgia Tech;
- Provide a unified voice to the administration and the broader Georgia Tech community on matters of interest to African heritage employees;
- Promote an environment that supports the recruitment, retention, and professional growth and development of African heritage employees;
- Provide a mutually supportive, social, and cultural environment to celebrate the contributions of persons of African heritage at Georgia Tech.
Current Leadership Team
- Executive Champion: Charles L. Isbell, Dean, College of Computing
- Principal Empowerment Officer: Tammy McCoy, TA Development and Future Faculty Specialist, Center for Teaching and Learning
- Principal Staff/Faculty Liaison: Courtney Sykes, Senior Development Assistant, Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering
- Principal Staff/Faculty Liaison: Cedric Trice, Education Outreach Manager, Center for Engineering Education and Diversity
- Recruitment and Retention Co-Chair: Kim L. Paige, Educational Outreach Manager, Wallace H. Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Recruitment and Retention Co-Chair:
- Professional Development Co-Chair: Destiny Boyd, Financial Administrator III, Office of the Provost
- Professional Development Co-Chair:
- Employee Engagement Co-Chair: David L. Brown, Electrician II, Georgia Tech Facilities Management
- Employee Engagement Co-Chair: Tammie Long, Assistant Director, Program Development, Georgia Tech Professional Education
- Communications and Marketing Co-Chair: Raquel Plaskett, Faculty Support Coordinator, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Communications and Marketing Co-Chair:
- Special Committee Co-Chair, M.E.N. on Campus: Byron N. Fitch, Senior Consultant, Georgia Tech Strategic Consulting
- Special Committee Co-Chair, Black Women at Tech: Candice Bovian, Program Manager, Employee Wellbeing and Engagement, Office of Human Resources