The mission of the Emerging Professionals Employee Resource Group is to help emerging Georgia Tech professionals prepare for their future through social community, networking, professional development, and service.
Guided by the principles of self-authorship, we envision a thriving network of GA Tech emerging professionals who support, grow, challenge, and collaborate with one another.
The Emerging Professionals Employee Resource Group benefits Georgia Tech employees by facilitating:
- Improved sense of belonging, connection to the community, and commitment to the Institute
- Opportunities for emerging professionals to participate in consistent professional development
- Increased mental health and a reduction in workplace-related stress
Pillars of Engagement
Cultivating a social community of emerging professionals fosters trust, collaboration, and the free exchange of ideas and knowledge.
Emerging professionals find mentors, development opportunities, and professional connections through intentional networking.
Professional development opportunities encourage emerging professionals to enhance their skills and knowledge beyond those required for their position.
Service to the institution and community is essential to finding purpose and instigating positive social change.
Eligibility for Membership
Any Georgia Tech employee or affiliate employee is welcome to become an official member and engage in any events and services offered by Georgia Tech Emerging Professionals. For the purposes of creating and implementing intentional and data-driven programming, an emerging professional is defined as any individual who has worked in higher education for less than 5 years. GTEP centers those who have had previous professional experiences but are new to the field of higher education as well as those at the very beginning of their professional journey.
Current Leadership Team
- Principal Empowerment Officer: Camilla Frost-Brewer (she/her)
- Social Co-Chairs: McCall Henderson (she/her) & VACANT
- Professional Development Co-Chairs: James Allen, Jr. (he/him) & Katie Sclafani (she/her)
- Networking Co-Chairs: Emily Laurence (she/her) & VACANT
- Service Co-Chairs: 2 VACANCIES
- Communications Team: Camilla Frost-Brewer
If you are interested in joining the leadership team, please fill out this form!