Staff Diversity, Inclusion, and Engagement offers seven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support Georgia Tech’s efforts to build community and ensure that employees experience a greater sense of belonging. These voluntary employee associations, organized around common dimensions of diversity, have been designed to offer forums where like-minded employees can enhance their employment experience.
- Recruiting and Retaining Top Talent – Supports recruitment efforts to attract diverse candidates and implements work-life support activities to retain them.
- Engaging the Workforce – Fosters camaraderie and community building, and creates spaces where employees’ voices are welcome.
- Developing Talent – Offers leadership, career development, mentoring, and networking opportunities.
Originally founded in the Office of Human Resources, each ERG:
- Fosters a greater sense of belonging for its members.
- Encourages the exchange of ideas on matters of interest to its members and allies.
- Presents a collective voice to the administration and the broader Institute on matters of interest to its members and allies.
- Supports the recruitment, retention, and professional development of its target group(s).
- Celebrates the professional, social, and cultural contributions of its members.
- Creates opportunities for its members and allies to connect personally and professionally.