- Underwood, Emily (2018) Lessons in Resilience: In War Zones and Refugee Camps, researchers are putting resilience interventions to the test. Science 359:6379. Downloaded from http://science.sciencemag.org/ on August 7, 2020
- Cicchetti, D and Garmezy, N (2009). Prospects and promises in the study of resilience. Development and Psychopathology. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S0954579400006118 Published online by Cambridge University Press: 09 September 2009
- Stress In America: Impact of Discrimination Released March 10, 2016 by the American Psychological Association
- Uttley, C (2011) "5 Ways Your Brain Influences Your Emotions" 8 August 2011.
HowStuffWorks.com. <https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/inside-the-mind/human-brain/5-ways-your-brain-influences-your-emotions.htm> 7 August 2020
- Tedeschi, L and Lawrence G. Calhoun (2004) Posttraumatic Growth: Conceptual Foundations and Empirical Evidence. Psychological Inquiry, 15:1
- Tugade, M. and Fredrickson, B. (2007). Regulation of Positive Emotions: Emotion Regulation Strategies That Promote Resilience. Journal Of Happiness Studies (2007) 8:311—333
- Rathore, S. (2017) Life satisfaction among college students: A study exploring the role of resilience. Indian Journal of Positive Psychology. 8(2), 237-239
- Carmody, J. (2020). Why we are hard-wired to worry, and what we can do to calm down. https://theconversation.com/why-we-are-hard-wired-to-worry-and-what-we-can-do-to-calm-down-127674?utm_source=pocket-newtab
- Burt, K. and Paysnick, A. (2012) Resilience in the transition to adulthood, Development and Psychopathology 24 (2012), 493–505
- Murphy, Blustein, Boehling, Platt (2010). The College to Career Transition: An Exploration of Emerging Adulthood. Journal of Counseling and Development.
- Tonkin, Malinen, Naswall, Kuntz (2018). Building employee resilience through wellbeing in organizations. Human Resources Development Quarterly
- Holdsworth, Turner, Scott-Young (2018). Not drowning, waving. Resilience and university: a student perspective. Studies in Higher Education
- Mulqueen (2014). Resilience at Workplace Helps Persevere Through Challenges. Leadership Excellence Essentials
- What is Resilience and Why is It Important to Bounce Back?
- Tips for Building Emotional Resilience During a Pandemic
Book Chapters (Available through the Georgia Tech Library online):
- The Mindful Path through Worry and Rumination : Letting Go of Anxious and Depressive Thoughts (Chapter 1) by Sameet M. Kumar
- Handbook of Posttraumatic Growth : Research and Practice (Chapter 1) by Lawrence G. Calhoun, and Richard G. Tedeschi
- Realities of Resilience: An Authentic Leadership Panel – Discussion with Dean John Stein, Dr. Lynn Durham, and Dean Charles Isbell
- Realities of Resilience: An Authentic Leadership Panel – Discussion with Dean Steve McLaughlin, Dean Maryam Alavi, and Chief HR Officer Kim Harrington at https://smartech.gatech.edu/handle/1853/61912
- Transformational Narratives library to listen to a personal story of resilience. https://sdie.gatech.edu/transformative-narratives/audio-stories
- Duckworth, A. (2016). Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance. [video file]. Retrieved here.
- In Praise of Gratitude. (2011, November). “Harvard Mental Health Letter.” Retrieved here.
- Kashdan, T. B. (2018, March 27). “Grit: What is Known, Unknown, and Off the Mark?” Retrieved here.
- Five Resilience Stories that Could Keep Your Students from Giving Up https://growingleaders.com/blog/five-resilience-stories-keep-students-giving/
- Writing Your Story: Chapter 1, Resilience, Hayden Whitcomb, TEDxYouth@SHC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhAgKOngGP8
- TedTalk: What Trauma Taught Me About Resilience, Charles Hunt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qELiw_1Ddg